Kilmore and Oban Church of Scotland
Oban ChurchKilmore and Oban Church of Scotland

Friday 1 May 2020

Kilmore and Oban 3rd May 2020


Kilmore and Oban
Sunday 3rd May 2020
4th in Easter


Acknowledge that the Lord is God; he made us, and we are his, his own people, the flock which he shepherds. (Psalm 100 v 3)

Prayer of Adoration, Confession & Forgiveness, Supplication & Collect

God of peace,
who brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus Christ,
the great Shepherd of the sheep
through the blood of an eternal covenant,
make us perfect in goodness
so that we may do your will;
and create in us what is pleasing to you;
through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Reading: John 10 v 1-10 Jesus the Good Shepherd

Hymn 14 (Psalm 23, t. Bay of Harris) The Lord’s my Shepherd
The Lord’s my Shepherd, I’ll not want.
He makes me down to lie
in pastures green he leadeth me
the quiet waters by.

My soul he doth restore again
and me to walk doth make
within the paths of righteousness,
even for his own name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk in death’s dark vale,
yet will I fear none ill;
for thou art with me; and thy rod
and staff me comfort still.

My table thou hast furnished
in presence of my foes;
my head thou dost with oil anoint,
and my cup overflows.

Goodness and mercy all my life
shall surely follow me:
and in God’s house for evermore
my dwelling place shall be.

Address

Prayer of Thanksgiving, Intercession & Lord’s Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy Kingdom come;
thy will be done;
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts
as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever. Amen.

Hymn 522 (vv1, 2, 4)
The Church is wherever God’s people are praising,
knowing they’re wanted and loved by their Lord.
The Church is wherever Christ’s followers are trying
to live and to share out the Good News of God.

The Church is wherever God’s people are loving,
where all are forgiven and start once again,
where all are accepted, whatever their background,
whatever their past and whatever their pain.

The Church is wherever God’s people are praising,
knowing they’re wanted and loved by our Lord.
The Church is where we as Christ’s followers are trying
to live and to share out the Good News of God.

Benediction